Monday, May 16, 2011

Chelsea Handler


Chelsea Handler adopts a relatively modest tone in interviews, which is odd because she has pulled off what few comics have been able to do lately.
The 36-year-old stand-up has bucked the splintering, niche-audience trend of the past decade to develop herself into a bona fide, genre-spanning brand.

Handler is a late-night TV show host, best-selling author, national touring comedian and proud creator of spinoff shows and tours. She's the national voice of the weekly girls night out -- that now-standard ceremony of cocktails and conversation held in the name of female bonding.

"I give a lot of myself to my show, my books and my stand-up," Handler said over the phone from her office in Los Angeles. "When you're on TV, it's a powerful thing, and since the show repeats so many times courtesy of E! and their lovely marketing strategy, so many people see you."


No comments:

Post a Comment